ZIP drive is not working fine...

From: William N. Zanatta (william@veritel.com.br)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 06:55:36 EST

Hello guys,

   Problem:

     When I try do to something like mkfs on my ZIP disks, it hangs the
system as if it couldn't find or work on the drive.
     I have applied the 'ide-floppy update to fix lockups with ZIP + Via
chipset' on my kernel but...it still doesn't work. Now I get this
message on my syslog:

        ide-floppy: CoD != 0 in idefloppy_pc_intr

     The drive make transfers fine, the only problem until now is this
with mkfs. I didn't have time to spend on my machine for this moment to
get some debug info but I will do it as soon as possible. But if you can
solve my problem or give me some tips, it would be great!
     Sorry for my poor English.

   System:
     Athlon 1.2Ghz running on a Abit KT7A-R board
     256mb RAM
     NEC's IDE ZIP drive
     Running Slackware 8 and Kernel 2.4.14

   Thank you all,