Re: exporting kernel symbols

From: kumar M (kumarm4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 08:13:38 EST

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the info. It was very informative.
My problem is funny.
On a freshly installed RedHat 7.1 machine
with 2.4.2-2 kernel, a 'make modules'
throws up errors such as :
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/module.h:173: nondigits in number and not
hexadecimal
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/module.h:173: parse error before `62dada05'
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/module.h:173:
`inter_module_register_R_ver_str' declared as function returning a function
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/module.h:173: warning: function declaration
isn't a prototype

So we do a 'make mrproper' and 'make menuconfig' and
save and exit without any changes to configuration.
Then we rebuild the kernel.
make dep & make modules are done smoothly.

Can you let us know why we should be doing make mrproper
on a system freshly installed with redhat 7.1(2.4.2-2smp)

Thanks !

Kumar