Re: IDE/ATAPI in 2.5

From: Willy TARREAU (willy@w.ods.org)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 14:02:32 EST

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 08:11:33PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> You did not seem to read my previous postings. It is simple to have

Jörg,

could you please stop starting all your mails like this one and
insulting every people who don't obviously understand what you
nearly didn't explain in 30 mails ? You're whinning about people
who don't take you seriously, but you don't try to be constructive.
Don't forget that this is a mailing list and that there are lots
of people who take the threads long after they have begun, and
please forgive them for not having read your 5000 previous lines.

Since you claim to have very clear ideas about what you'd like to
see in the kernel, please post a clear and complete proposal here
(with another subject, BTW since most people won't read it else).

This way, you'll be able to argue on technical points with some
competent and clever people, but you won't if you continue to
measure your personal experience to that of others. You say you
don't want to talk to them because, unlike you, they don't know
what a kernel is, but this is non sense. They may have a different
conception than you, that's all.

>From your claimed experience, you seem to be 45, but from your
attitude, 8. I think reality is between both, but I hope the
former.

Thanks for your understanding,
Willy