Re: JFS errors

From: Dave Kleikamp (shaggy@austin.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:04:50 EST

> No, it's built with JFS_DEBUG. That was the first thing I compiled into a
> new kernel when I first encountered this.

I'll take another look at the oops. My initial thought was that if I was
right in my assumptions, a dereference in an ASSERT statement would have
caused a trap slightly earlier than the one you hit. Without debug, the
ASSERT is compiled out.

> How can it help you?

If it's already on, it won't provide any more help. There was just a
chance that if it wasn't on, it might have caught something earlier.

> Shall I provide info from /proc/fs/jfs after oops
> occured?

I doubt anything there would be useful.

> Oops itself I have to handcopy each time. Hard work! ;) But I guess I can
> access /proc tree.

The oops was helpful, and I'll need to take a closer look at the code. I'll
let you know if I want you to try anything else.

Thanks for the feedback.

Shaggy

--
David Kleikamp