Re: nForce2 chipset and agpgart: unsupported bridge?

From: Joshua Kwan (joshk@mspencer.net)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 17:09:37 EST

The way I know it you must first of all build the nvagp modules
downloadable from nVidia's web site and use those instead of agpgart.
However, the snafu is that you must have an nVidia video card to go
along with it (or use the on-chipset crap video card.) So you're SOL i
think, at least until nvidia gets a bit less selfish.

-Josh

Rabid cheeseburgers forced "Randy S." <hey_randy@hotmail.com> to write
this on Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:21:37 -0500:

> Hi folks,
>
> I recently acquired a motherboard with an NVidia nForce 2 chipset
> (more
> specifically, its a Chaintech CT-7NJS). I have a Radeon 9700PRO video
> card that I'm running in this machine. I've got integrated
> networking, sound, XFree86, etc. working, but am having trouble
> getting 3D acceleration to work.
>
> My kernel is 2.4.19. Agpgart does not appear to be able to detect
> the
> nForce 2 chipset's bridge. There is no vendor entry for nvidia at all,
> actually -- otherwise I might have gotten by with
> agp_try_unsupported=1.
>
> Has anyone written nForce2 support for agp? Is so, where can I find
> the
> source? I found drivers for the nvidia IGP (which I don't have), but
> not for agpgart itself at the nvidia site. If I find the source, I
> believe I'll have to merge it manually since the 3D driver for Radeon
> 9700 (fglrx) includes a modified agpgart_be.c.
>
> If this is not a new question, my apologies -- I couldn't find an
> answer
> anywhere in the archives.
>
> Please CC me directly on any reply, as I'm not currently
> subscribed.
>
> Thanks!
> Randy Sharo
> hey_randy@hotmail.com

Joshua Kwan
joshk@mspencer.net
pgp public key at http://joshk.mspencer.net/pubkey_gpg.asc

(13:59:00) Ted: my english teacher isn't all that smart when it comes to
telling the fruit of labor from that of the rectum

"oh that's right! I'm not deleting a bob anymore, i'm deleting a duck!" -vivek