Re: readcd with 2.5 kernels and ide-cd

From: Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 19:16:04 EST

Andy Polyakov wrote:

> Nothing fishy, nothing at all... It's as simple as
> driver/block/scsi_ioctl.c doesn't accepts requestes
> larger than 64KB, while readcd asks for 256KB.

Yes, that 64KB should be increased. The sg driver
allows up to 255 * 32 KB (just less than 8MB). From
memory cdparanoia uses a 128 KB packet size.
cdrecord uses 63 KB so it gets through.

> > 0x2285 is the SG_IO ioctl.

> sg_io returns EINVAL (line 163), but driver/block/ioctl.c
> transforms it to ENOTTY (see last 8 lines).

That is unhelpful. Is there a good reason for that?

I plan to get working on the SG_IO ioctl in the block
layer shortly. Andy has a patch to address the units
of the command timeout. sg's iovec may map simply as
well (maybe it won't either).

Doug Gilbert