HZ and C2 idling [was: Re: [DRIVER 2.6] amd76x_pm rediffed for 2.6.0-test4]

From: Charles Lepple
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 21:35:04 EST

I have been using this patch for some time now. At HZ=1000, I had to set tick=10200 or more to keep ntpd happy (even with the PM timer as a time source).

I broke down and changed HZ to 100, and it seems to be holding steady (still with the PM timer, though). This leads me to believe that the C2 idle/resume process takes longer than 1 ms in the worst case.

Wasn't there a patch pending to allow HZ to be changed via the config interface?

-C