NVIDIA proprietary driver problem

From: Kyle Rose
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 08:45:12 EST

Man, I'm just chock *full* o'problems this week, aren't I?

Under 2.6.0-test5, loading NVIDIA proprietary driver (patched with the
stuff at http://www.minion.de/nvidia.html) reports:

Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: Can't find an IRQ for your NVIDIA card!
Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: Please check your BIOS settings.
Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: [Plug & Play OS ] should be set to NO
Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: [Assign IRQ to VGA] should be set to YES

Same driver source does not have this effect under test4, with
approximately the same config (i.e., make oldconfig).

Yeah, I cleaned everything appropriately and rebuilt for test5. Bzzt.

(FWIW, I do not have the referenced options in my BIOS, but I strongly
suspect that isn't the problem, anyway.)

Cheers,
Kyle