Re: Re:No backlight control on PowerBook G4

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 12:39:07 EST

Am Mon, den 03.11.2003 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt um 22:54:

> > Interesting, will try. I've a whole bunch of more pressing problems with
> > my new baby, though. X is completely broken, no matter which X modelines
> > I configure I get nothing but sizzle on the screen, it seems that the
> > mode setup for the LVDS with the 9600 Mobility is bork.

Just checked. It doesn't work with the latest (Linus) 2.6-test and
radeonfb. Do you have any special patches in your tree for radeonfb?

BTW: It took me quite a while to figure out that the only working image
with yaboot was the zImage.chrp. The normal vmlinux doesn't contain a
valid ELF signature (according to yaboot) and the seemingly obvious
vmlinux.elf-pmac goes boom while trying to decompress the kernel.

--
Servus,
Daniel