[Fwd: PS/2 Mouse problems on 2.6-test9]

From: Dan Creswell
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 20:57:35 EST

FYI, sent this to Andrew earlier........

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure who best to send this report to so feedback appreciated.

I'm running kernel 2.6-test9 here on top of Fedora Core.

XFree boots just fine but a small amount of "torturing" with mouse
movement is sufficient to lock things up solid.

This kernel is compiled for SMP (I have two Xeon's with HyperThreading).

Re-compiling the kernel for single-processor usage results in a stable
system (I'm using it to write this email).

I'm using an Intellimouse PS/2 and the Xeon's are at 2.66Ghz.

More data points:

(1) I've not encountered this problem on a dual Athlon 1.8Ghz using the
same mouse and kernel 2.6-test9 (SMP or UP).

(2) The Fedora Core Kernel 2.4 compiled for SMP also runs stably on the
dual Xeon platform (I'm booted into that kernel now as I write this email).

What would you suggest as my next steps? Would you like some more
information/other tests performed?

Many thanks,

Dan.