Re: AW: HT enable on BIOS which doesn't supports it?

From: Bradley Chapman
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 12:00:02 EST

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:07:29 +0100, "Michal Semler (volny.cz)" said:
> > Hmm..so why "ht" flag is detected?
> >
> > This chip is really strange. It looks like only renamed real P4/XEON,
> > coz through CPUFREQ I got it to work on lower frequencies:
>
> Not really. Here's mine (Dell Latitude C840):
>
> processor : 0
> vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> cpu family : 15
> model : 2
> model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.60GHz
> stepping : 4
> cpu MHz : 1595.776
> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
> dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
>
> Wow.. HT-enabled. However, if I build an SMP-enabled kernel, it turns out that
> there's only one sibling...

My CPU is like that too:

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 1994.259
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
bogomips : 3932.16

I also have an 'ht' flag -- but I've never tried SMP. XP doesn't seem to think HT
is on here either, so I just put it down as an anomaly.

Brad