Re: xterm scrolling speed - scheduling weirdness in 2.6 ?!

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 19:53:06 EST

Willy Tarreau wrote:

Now testing Con's noint patch against 2.6.0. It returns somewhat simmilar
results to Nick's w29p2, and behaves normally. The only noticeable difference
is that a simple task like "while :; do :; done&" eats about 100ms each second,
so if you start 10 of these, you're able to type only once a second (tested).
But I understand that this 'dumbness' was exactly the goal of this patch.
I think that I'll try to use 2.6 + Nick's scheduler for some time on my
notebook to get an overall idea on how it behaves.

BTW, Nick, does your patch rely on -mm1 exclusive features, or would it be
possible to back-port it to plain 2.6 ?

No, you should be able to port it to 2.6 quite easily if you just apply
the scheduler patches from -mm1 to it first. I'll do a proper release
in the next day or so and include patches for both trees.