Re: AIC7xxx kernel problem with 2.4.2[234] kernels

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 20:19:33 EST

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> > Booting problems with aic7xxx with stock kernel 2.4.24.

> > Unexpected busfree while idle
> > SEQ 0x01
>
> A problem with similar symptoms was corrected in driver version 6.2.37
> back in August of last year. Can you try using the latest driver source
> from here:
>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/
>
> and see if your problem persists? The aic79xx driver archive at the
> above location includes both the aic7xxx and aic79xx drivers. If this
> does not resolve your problem there are other debugging options we can
> enable that may aid in tracking down the problem.

Hi Justin,

Stephen informed me privately that aic7xxx_old works for him.

About the aic7xxx update, well, I believe aic7xxx 6.2.36 is pretty stable
(I dont remember seeing any reliable bug report and I also cant find one
in lkml archives) except this one (and a pair of "lockup on initialization
with SMP").

What bugs are you aware of in 2.4's aic7xxx ?