Re: Bluetooth oddity

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 09:27:00 EST

Hi Anders,

> > I assume that you have enabled the SCO support of the HCI USB driver.
> > The unlink of ISOC URB's fails on UHCI host controllers and actually I
> > don't know why. So disable the SCO support of the HCI USB driver and you
> > can switch on and off your Bluetooth device as often as you like.
>
> I just checked, and I did have the SCO support switched on. Shows that
> the name can not be trusted... ;-)

the CONFIG_BT_SCO option is not problematic, you can leave this on. But
for now you must disable CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB_SCO if you have an UHCI host
controller.

> > What is your USB host controller chipset? Do you see an oops?
>
> No oops, rebuilding the kernel with serial support built in so I can
> attach serial console. After that I should be able to capture any
> information required.

Apply patch-2.6.1-mh3 and rebuild your kernel. This patch only updates
your Bluetooth subsystem. To not run into problems with your modules
undiff the change to the Makefile EXTRAVERSION before calling make.

> > This was a bug in the RFCOMM layer that has been already fixed. Why
> > don't you say what 2.6 kernel do you use? Try the latest 2.6.2-rc2 or
> > 2.6.1-mh3 and this will go away.
>
> I am currently using 2.6.1 proper, but saw it in 2.6.0 and a couple of
> half-way houses between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1.

I know, but our big resync with 2.6 was first in 2.6.2-rc1. And this bug
only occurred on incoming RFCOMM connections.

Regards

Marcel