Re: kernel 2.6.4 and nfs lockd.udpport?

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 09:58:52 EST

Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > I read the docs and found that the parameters sould be lockd.udpport and
> > lockd.tcpport=xxx - but this doesn't work. While booting I got errors that
> > both are unknown boot options.
> >
> > Where is my mistake?
>
> Someone updated lockd so that it uses a sysctl-based interface instead.
> Apparently without changing the docs.

I added the sysctl-based interface, and kept the modules parameters,
and updated the code in line with the 2.6 module parameter style.
See the "module_param_call" lines in fs/lockd/svc.c.

The module parameters "nlm_udpport" and "nlm_tcpport" _do_ work -- I
use them with my firewall.

For some reason, because modules don't need #ifdef MODULE any more, I
thought module_param*() entries would be automatically available as
boot parameters. Silly me, that would be too obvious.

-- Jamie