Re: 2.4.21 on Itanium2: floating-point assist fault at ip400000000062ada1, isr 0000020000000008

From: David Mosberger
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:38:28 EST

>>>>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:13:31 -0500 (EST), "Richard B. Johnson" <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Richard> The reading of 2.2 may not be clear, but further reading
Richard> will show that anything that didn't go according to plan
Richard> gets trapped to the "Software Assistance" Handler. Writing
Richard> a message about the trap to a log-file is a BUG! The
Richard> handler should just do whatever it's supposed to do!

Sorry, I thought you were trying to help diagnose the issue at hand.
I didn't realize you were making a statement.

Never mind.

--david