Re: 2.6.5-rc3: cat /proc/ide/hpt366 kills disk on second channel

From: John Stoffel
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 15:13:02 EST

Bart,

You're patch does the trick, I can now do cat /proc/ide/hpt366 without
any problems. Time to re-sync my md mirror.

I'll also pull this patch forward to 2.6.5 and make sure to submit it
to Linus/Andrew, unless you'll do that part?

I do wish the cable detection stuff worked though... too bad about the
outb() stuff. Maybe I can poke at it and figure out what kind of
locking is required here to make this work right. Would it need to be
queued up as a regular HWIF command? Can you tell I don't know what
I'm talking about? *grin*

Thanks again,
John
John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
stoffel@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.lucent.com - 978-952-7548