list digest / non-digest delivery problems?

From: Tim Moore
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 13:23:25 EST

Hi;

After LK switched to digest-only some time back I wrote an awk digest expander since I manage the list volume by filtering on key words in the subject field. Recently some messages with headers indicating a digest are actually coming through as individuals which really tarts things up.

While the digest expander is my problem, keying on reliable email headers it is significantly easier than coding logic to tell if the message is a real digest or an individual message. It would be very helpful to let the group know if there is a problem with digests and if the headers will accurately reflect the message content.

Thanks,
Tim.