Re: KVM & mouse wheel

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 12:42:45 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 07:38:55AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> initially
> will help

> that the

> will have
> > >
> > > Hmm, does the imps/exps probe succeed in this case?
> >
> > No, it does not, at least not mine. It either does bare PS/2 or native,
> but
> > there are other Synaptics touchpads that can also do imps.
>
> Ok, so how about issuing a reset when the imps probe fails? That'd take
> care of all the cases, and I suppose a Synaptics pad that can do imps
> will not be confused by it.

Synaptics requires full reset, reset-disable alone is not enough.
Plus, when synaptics is detected but left in emulation mode, the
driver does synaptics-specific reset which initializes stuff that
survives reset-disable (for example it enables gestures so tapping
is guaranteed to work).

Additionally I think it's a good idea to detect hardware regardless
of the protocol it is using so user can see what he has.

Anyway, I think that explicitely calling reset-disable after each
failed probe is a good idea... or maybe not after each probe but just
once, before probing for generic protocols (imps/exps), like in the
attached patch.

--
Dmitry