From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 06:04:53 EST

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> And even if Linux _these days_ could handle hardlinked directories, the
> fact is that they would cause slightly more memory usage (due to the
> vfsmounts), and that nobody else can handle such filesystems - including
> older versions of Linux. So nobody would likely use the feature (not to
> mention that nobody is even really asking for it ;).

Huh? Me about a year ago ;-)
Been in fact pretty much boo'd for it :-)

I therefore declare as this years hot issue:
How to use more than 32 GIDs on nfs? Frank van Maarseveens' patch being
available for years I guess, but with 2.6 supporting lots of GIDs becoming very
actual...
:-)))
Sorry for being a bit off-topic but shouldn't we first solve the obvious
(broken) and simple issues around fs?

Regards,
Stephan