Re: Why my computer freeze completely with xawtv ?

From: Olaf Titz
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 17:10:43 EST

> > The symptom is different (the picture has vertical stripes, as if
> > pixels get re-ordered in each horizontal line).
>
> Hmm.. somebody got confused for a 24-bit color (8/8/8) about whether
> it takes 24 bits or 32 to store it?

No, correct colors but the order of pixels is rearranged, like this:
if the correct numbering of pixels were abcdefghijkl
the display looks like fdbeacihlkjg
The actual pattern is different each time.

I suspect that some control data for the display hardware gets
corrupted, rather than the video data itself.

Olaf