Re: pwc driver status?

From: Jan De Luyck
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 05:12:13 EST

On Saturday 13 November 2004 22:18, Luc Saillard wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:09:38PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, upgrading is not an option right now for other
> > > reasons...
> >
> > That's a pity... because there is no 2.4 version of Luc's driver as far
> > as I know :(
>
> I don't use a 2.4 kernel, so i can produce patch for older kernel, but i'll
> not test them. If someone want a 2.4 kernel tell me, and i'll try to mande
> a patch using difftools. I prefer to add features like v4l2, than
> supporting and testing old kernel (or writing documentation).

Understandable. I'll look into getting the other box upgraded, tho the owner
of it is kinda reluctant to do so.

> > > Is this driver also supporting the Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks? I
> > > found some references that the 'official' one used to do that, but I
> > > can't find much docs...
> >
> > As far as I know, yes. The source code seems to indicate the same.
>
> If the old driver supports, mine too (minor some very old webcam).

Ok, good to know. Would be nice tho to have some actual 'confirmation' of this
fact before I run off to spend money ;p

Jan

--
You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.