Re: 2.6.10-rc1-mm5

From: Mikael Pettersson
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 07:13:57 EST

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:47:50 +0300, Stas Sergeev wrote:
>Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
>>> 1. Local APIC stopped working. I know
>> Could you please apply the following patch and supply full dmesg?
>Done.
>Does this help?
>ACPI: DSDT (v001 ASUS K7M 0x00001000 MSFT 0x0100000b) @ 0x00000000
>Detected 704.943 MHz processor.
>CPU0: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor stepping 02

Please post the contents of /proc/cpuinfo. The age
of this system makes me suspect it may not actually
have a local APIC (the first K7 model didn't have one).

If a previous kernel successfully found the local APIC,
then please state which one and post its boot log.
(And please use nmi_watchdog=2 so we can confirm that
it's there and working.)

/Mikael