Re: [mm patch] oprofile: backtrace operation does not initialized

From: John Levon
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 20:47:21 EST

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:39:06AM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:

> But for now I don't see any drama with leaving in the ->setup() and
> ->shutdown() methods when rewriting the ops structure. Ditto for
> the ->create_files() methods.

Wouldn't this mean that we try to set up the NMI stuff regardless of
forcing the timer ? I can imagine a flaky system where somebody needs to
avoid going near that stuff.

timer_init() making sure to set all fields seems reasonable to me. Or
oprofile_init() could grab ->backtrace, memset the structure, then
replace ->backtrace...

john