[PATCH] Time sliced cfq ver17
From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 10:37:13 EST
- Kill the spare queue logic
- wait_request should not imply that queue must be allowed to allocate a
request, otherwise a write could quickly flood the queue. Add
must_alloc to handle that and make it one-shot.
- Turn on/off idle window based on process think time and seek time.
Improve idle timer logic. The seek/think time updates toggle the
idle_window flag and increase queuing depth if we disable the idle
- Improve SCSI requeing logic. Add request fully back into cfq queue but
mark it as next service once this queue gets slice time again.
- More preemption fixes. Allow new sync io to preempt equal priority
async io to improve reader fairness.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/