Re: Customized 2.6.10 kernel on a Compact Flash

From: govind raj
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 16:49:25 EST

Thanks for all the pointers.

We had taken the /sbin/init from the existing Linux installation from where we had created the customized image. We need to have a inittab and we believe that we have set it correctly. The GRUB detects the CF hard disk as hda0 when we boot the embedded board and so in both the kernel parameter in grub.conf as well as in the inittab file we have / (root) marked as /dev/hda0. But we are perplexed by the message that the kernel prints out on being booted from the flash and just before panic'ing...

hda: max request size: 128KiB

hda: 250368 sectors (128 MB) w/2KiB Cache, CHS=978/8/32

hda: hda1

in which it prints out hda1 instead of it printing it out as hda0

Also, the same customized image is getting successfully booted from the PC from where we are building this image. This panic comes out only when we boot this image from the CF on the embedded board.

Regards

Govind