Random number generator in Linux kernel

From: Vineet Joglekar
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 20:02:02 EST

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me where can I find and which random/pseudo-random number generator can I use inside the linux kernel? (2.4.28)

I found out 1 function get_random_bytes() in linux/drivers/char/random.c but thats not what I want.

I want a function where I will be supplying a seed to that function as an input, and will get a random number back. If same seed is used, same number should be generated again.

Can anybody please help me with that?

Thanks and regards,

Vineet.