[0/5] [CRYPTO] Speed up crypt()

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 04:43:07 EST

Hi:

I've developed a series of patches that speed up the operations of crypt()
based on the generic scatterwalk patch by Fruhwirth Clemens. My testing
shows that the results are comparable to that of the original patch.

What I found is that the primary source of the boost in performance is
the change that results in one pair of kmap operations per page instead
of one set per block as is done currently. Since the average block size
is around 8/16 bytes this is understandable.

Apart from that eliminating unnecessary out-of-line function calls for
the fast path in crypt() also helps quite a lot.

Please let me know if you find any problems with these patches.

Cheers,