Re: linux-libc-headers scsi headers vs libc scsi headers

From: DervishD
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 10:42:15 EST

Hi Jesper :)

* Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx> dixit:
> > > And I don't see any point in LFS suggesting using raw kernel
> > > headers to compile glibc
> > I don't know their reasons because I haven't read any rationale
> > (if any exists at all). Anyway, I've used LLH (including the scsi
> http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0007.3/0587.html seems to have a
> bearing on what you are discussing - just FYI.

Not exactly. My doubt is not about whether use symlinks to linux
and asm in the linux kernel or not, is about using what glibc people
prefer or seem to prefer (raw kernel headers) or using llh. I know
that I don't have to use the current kernel headers in /usr/include,
but the ones used when compiling my libc or (better) llh.

Thanks anyway :)

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736