Re: [RFC,PATCH] libfs dcache_readdir() and dcache_dir_lseek() bugfix

From: jblunck
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 10:45:46 EST

On Fri, Nov 04, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> > Well, glibc is that stupid and triggers the bug.
>
> Seems to me, the simple solution is to upgrade your glibc.

This is SLES8. You don't want to update the glibc.

> > True. Seeking to that offset should at least fail and shouldn't stop at the
> > new entry.
>
> No it should _not_ fail, it should continue from the next _existing_
> entry.

And how do we achieve this for all the libfs users like tmpfs etc.? At least
with my patch you can seek to the offsets of existing entries. Even that isn't
possible at the moment if you remove directory entries. But I don't know how to
implement that for the offsets of unlinked entries.

> No good. Same problem if you move out then move back the entry.

Yeah, I know.

Regards,
Jan Blunck

--