Re: [RFC,PATCH] libfs dcache_readdir() and dcache_dir_lseek() bugfix

From: jblunck
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 11:04:05 EST

On Fri, Nov 04, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> > > Seems to me, the simple solution is to upgrade your glibc.
> > >

> > This is SLES8. You don't want to update the glibc.
>
> OK, but then it's basically a SLES8 kernel issue, not a mainline
> kernel issue.
>
> Probably very few people are using brand new kernels with glibc from
> the last millennium ;)

Hmm, so I should only send patches for bugs that are often triggered
upstream? Just start using seekdir() and modify the directory contents on an
upstream tmpfs. You'll see that this isn't working well.

This is a bug and it should get fixed. I hope that it doesn't depend on how
many people using what library :)

Regards,
Jan Blunck

--