Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] [PATCH 00/33] V4L/DVB bug fixes

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 18:41:27 EST

hermann pitton wrote:

Am Samstag, den 20.05.2006, 15:34 -0400 schrieb Michael Krufky:

mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Please pull these from master branch at:


A week has gone by... Do you intend to merge these bug fixes into your tree?

These changesets fix a whole bunch of serious bugs that have been introduced in 2.6.17, and a good many of these bugfixes have been sitting around, waiting to be merged since 2.6.17-rc1, not to mention the fixes that have already been merged much earlier in 2.6.16.y

Please merge these before 2.6.17-rc5

We have already eliminated as many patches as we possibly could. It all comes down to these. Everything else has been held back until the 2.6.18 merge window.

Hi Mike,

I can see you are concerned and you are right.

OTOH we have some load currently and I wouldn't mind to go through what
Andrew worked out for it so far. Especially as we never had much/any
useful from those testers, but might change if it is employed long
enough ;)


The bugfixes that I am concerned about do not include the refactoring changes from Andrew -- those are not even bugfixes at all, and they are only accessible through our mercurial tree. We do not plan to send those upstream until 2.6.18 -- This has nothing at all to do with Mauro's latest git-pull-request, or my email to Linus.

At least, and thanks again for calming me down once, it is not about
some white space only now.

I'm not sure what you mean. Sure, we do have some drastic changes coming up for 2.6.18 ... but this email is about bugfixes that HAVE in fact been thoroughly tested.

It sounds to me as if you may be getting the pending changesets in Mauro's git tree confused with current changes in our mercurial development repository.

Just take a look at v4l-dvb.git ... (or at the diffstat earlier in this thread) .. You will find that the drastic changes that you have mentioned aren't there yet. Those do need some more testing before being sent upstream... I think they'll be ready in time for the 2.6.18 merge window, but this is not the issue right now.

Thanks for your concern,

Michael Krufky
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at