Re: 2.6.17-mm1

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 10:06:03 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
And that's LIST_POISON1.

The only s_show()s I can see are in slab and in kallsyms.

It would help if you could gdb these guys, work out file-n-line.

I just checked s_show in kernel/kallsyms.c and I can not see how it could BUG without BUG'ing in s_next first, because that function only formats the information that has been gathered by s_next.

And it would be super-good if you could revert
slab-stop-using-list_for_each.patch and retest.

My bet goes to slab's s_show, too. Besides, that code in kallsyms has been like that for a very long time, IIRC.

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

Pointy-Haired Boss: I don't see anything that could stand in our way.
Dilbert: Sanity? Reality? The laws of physics?