Re: Interphase Tachyon drivers missing.

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 13:03:28 EST

Greg.Chandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I went to upgrade my kernel on a couple of boxes yesterday and noticed
that the Interphase Tachyon chipset Fibre Channel driver was removed
from the kernel. I think 2.6.1 was the last one it was still in. Was
there a reason it was pulled?
If not, do I have to volunteer to put it back in or can someone with
more skill re-add it?

It was dropped because it was unmaintained, and quickly falling behind mainline. If it's a maintained driver with an active userbase, we're interested...

Jeff