Re: Support 2.4 modules features in 2.6

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 03:35:34 EST

> > > Really!! , Please let me know what is the procedure to build the
> > > modules after deleting kernel linux-2.6*
> >
> > you only need include/* for this in 2.6
> >
> > you can't do this at all with 2.4 kernels, it needs the whole lot.
> >
> > (in both cases the code and headers are needed so that your module can
> > use the data structures and compile in the kernel code you select to use
> > from inlines)
> > >

> Really!!
>
> This is my Makefile :-
> obj-m += hello-1.o
>
> all:
> make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules
>
> clean:
> make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean
>

> Now do one thing:-
> # mv /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build0
>
> now make it.
>
> If you want point to your header files in /usr/include and then try to build.

so you first copy a big chunk of your 2.4 source tree, delete the
original and then say "look it can compile without". Please be real and
honest :)

anyway I suggest that you answer the question on where the code is so
that we can help you....

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org