Re: + stupid-hack-to-make-mainline-build.patch added to -mm tree

From: Daniel Arai
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 13:45:01 EST

Chris Wright wrote:
* Daniel Arai (arai@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

There's no good way to override __send_IPI_shortcut. I suppose we could add paravirt ops for __send_IPI_shortcut and every other op that touches the APIC.

While that's basically what we did in Xen, it would make more sense to
build it into genapic which would give us one common abstraction to base
from. We should avoid adding pv_ops when existing infrastructure exists.

I agree with this.

Chris, would you like to work together on this? I don't know what Xen's requirements are for the APIC interface. Do you think we could come up with something that would fit both of our needs, and maybe also be usable for some of the subarch-specific code?

Dan.