Re: [RFC 4/8] Enhance fallback functions in libs to support higherorder pages

From: Dave Kleikamp
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 14:51:34 EST

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 12:05 +0100, Mel Gorman wrote:

> comments about missing page_cache_size() covered elsewhere. However, I
> note that Dave Kleikamp might be interested in this changing of
> page_cache_size() from the perspective of page cache tails. I've added
> him to the cc so he can take a quick look.

Yeah. I'm working on patches for storing file tails in buffers
allocated from the slab cache, and the tail will be represented by a
fake struct page. (This is primarily for kernels with a larger page
size). So my version of page_cache_size(page) may return a different
size for different pages belonging to the same mapping. I'm in the
midst of cleaning up the patches and plan to post them to linux-mm by
Monday.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--