Re: 2.6.25-rc[12] Video4Linux Bttv Regression

From: Robert Fitzsimons
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 10:41:22 EST

> Bisecting this won't be that easy. The support for the depreciated V4L1 API
> were removed from bttv driver. Now, it uses v4l1-compat module, that translates
> a V4L1 call into a V4L2 one. I'll try to seek for troubles at the current code.

I think I might have seen this problem but it didn't cause a oops for
me, just that the radio program would hang waiting for the ioctl syscall
to return. I did tried looking for a new radio program that used the
V4L2 API but couldn't find one. I'll have a more in-depth look at the
bttv driver when I get home tonight.

Robert