Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] CPUSET driven CPU isolation

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 12:47:18 EST

Ingo wrote:
> ( an initscripts approach, while i'm sure it works, would always be a
> bit fragile

Agreed. In the early days of cpusets, (1) the less I put in the kernel,
the easier it was to get those first patches accepted, and (2) the more
there was that remained for me to code in user space, where my employer
could provide better, leading edge, products for a profit.

Overtime, these user space features that prove their worth, but that
were difficult to code in the most usable and robust manner in user
space, such as boot cpusets here, and, on another thread, cpuset
relative NUMA mempolicies, naturally migrate to the kernel, for wider
availability.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability