Re: 2.6.23-rc9-git4: pata_pcmcia, disabling IRQ #9 and Re: libataand legacy ide pcmcia failure

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 07:29:11 EST

> How can I check to see if this is the case? How would this explain that

As I said before, take a CF card/adapter combination you know fails
on a T60p/T61p and test it on a Linux box that isn't one of those types
(and preferably not a Lenovo at all)

> the adapter and card sometimes work when they are in when the system boots?

Ask the BIOS authors. Trying to fathom what they have done is frequently
interesting. Everyone else I've had do this has found the card works
perfectly with Linux except in the Lenovo box.

Alan