Re: 2.6.25-rc7: Ugh.

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 20:32:26 EST

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Greg KH wrote:

> > It boots, but just a simple suspend/resume (RAM) was enough to kill
> > it. It comes back on resume, with an X desktop again, but with no USB
> > functionality -- no mouse.
> > The keyboard still works, so I dropped to a console and tried:
> > rmmod usbhid
> > insmod usbhid
> > And the console hung at 100% CPU on the insmod.
> Haven't heard of this one before sorry. Jiri, have you?

No, haven't heard anything similar either. Mark, are you able to collect
the stacktraces via alt-sysrq-t at the time the system goes crazy?

Also, as you seem to be able to easily reproduce the bug, git-bisect might
reveal the culprit easily. For start, you can try to bisect only let's say
usb, hid and acpi code probably ... ?

> > kernel: [ 111.361099] pciehp_resume ENTRY
> > kernel: [ 112.362047] pciehp: Device 0000:0c:00.0 already exists at c:0,
> > cannot hot-add
> > kernel: [ 112.362052] pciehp: Cannot add device 0xc:0

Hmm, what device is this?

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs