Re: [bug] SLUB + mm/slab.c boot crash in -rc9

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 18:32:45 EST

* Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> > have you tried my config on that box? Check:
> >
> > http://redhat.com/~mingo/misc/config-Thu_Apr_10_10_41_16_CEST_2008.bad.rc9
>
> Yup that config fails here too...

great. Note that it's randconfig generated - so watch out for weird
config combinations.

randconfig, besides finding build-bugs, is also good at finding various
runtime bugs: it is great at finding weird alignment and
boundary-condition bugs in generic code, and it's also great at finding
races (by virtue of introducing random delays between various functions,
via random enabling/disabling of debug facilities and other options that
impact the generated code's layout and timing).

Ingo