Re: BUG kmalloc-2048: Poison overwritten

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Jun 01 2008 - 22:02:41 EST

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:13:51 +0000
"Justin Mattock" <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I received this after the second simultaneous suspend: (I will try and
> see if this is re creatable or not)
>
> [ 232.270737] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 6b6b6c6b

bad bad bad

> [ 232.270743] IP: [<c013f96d>] module_put+0x12/0x2b
> [ 232.270750] *pde = 00000000
> [ 232.270753] Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP
> [ 232.270757] Modules linked in: hci_usb cpufreq_ondemand
> cpufreq_performance cpufreq_powersave rfcomm hidp l2cap bluetooth fan
> ipmi_watchdog ipmi_msghandler uinput wlan_tkip ieee80211_crypt_tkip
> ieee80211_crypt arpt_mangle arptable_filter arp_tables
> nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_conntrack iptable_mangle iptable_filter ip_tables
> x_tables intelfb i2c_i810 i2c_algo_bit coretemp eeprom acpi_cpufreq
> fglrx(P) applesmc joydev uvcvideo appletouch wlan_scan_sta
^^^^^

naughty

> ath_rate_sample firewire_ohci firewire_core snd_hda_intel ath_pci
> snd_pcm wlan ohci1394 intel_agp evdev ath_hal(P) snd_timer ieee1394
^^^^^^^^^^

worse

> Hopefully this is nothing serious,
> regards;

actually it's very serious, something is scribbling all over your
memory, it's just a matter of time before that overwrites something
important on your filesystem, and then you have a high risk of losing
most of your data.

However, since you're using 2 proprietary kernel modules, you really
ought to contact the vendors for those modules for support; they're a
very likely cause for problems
(for example, these two are the cause for the number 1, 2, 5 and 7 of
the top 10 kernel oopses/crashes for the last week)

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org