Re: [lm-sensors] LMSENSORS: 2.6.26-rc, enabling ACPI Termal Zonesupport costs sensors

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 03:24:46 EST

Rene Herman wrote:
Good day.

On 2.6.26-rc and perhaps earlier, when I enable the ACPI Thermal Zone support (CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL) I see in dmesg:

ACPI: LNXTHERM:01 is registered as thermal_zone0
ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRM] (56 C)

My /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 (a W83782D chip) becomes hwmon1, there's a new /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 and "sensors -s" craps out with:

# sensors -s
Can't access procfs/sysfs file
Kernel interface access error
For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and libsensors
was compiled with sysfs support!

# sensors --version
sensors version 2.10.6 with libsensors version 2.10.6

This is the slackware 12.1 (recent) standard version. What's wrong?

In case it's useful, my /etc/sensors.conf is at:

http://members.home.nl/rene.herman/sensors.conf

I'm pretty sure this caused by your lm_sensors using space being too old to
support the new thermalzone stuff.

<Correction that should ofcourse read "userspace" not "using space", so the correct reply I was trying to send is>:

I'm pretty sure this caused by your lm_sensors using space being too old to
support the new thermalzone stuff. You need atleast 3.0.2 to support the
thermalzone driver.

Regards,

Hans