Re: [git pull] ftrace for v2.6.27

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 11:12:19 EST

Bruce Duncan wrote:
Hi Ingo, Steven, everyone,

[ Please CC me in replies ]

I have just tracked down a regression in 2.6.27-rc2 wrt 2.6.26. Commit 77a2b37d227483fe52aead242652aee406c25bf0 (ftrace: startup tester on dynamic tracing.) causes my laptop to fail to resume from S3 (it simply reboots about a second after the resume starts and the display never shows anything).

The patch doesn't revert with patch -R (I don't know if there's a cleverer way to ask git to revert it), but the problem goes away if I turn off CONFIG_DYNAMIC_FTRACE.

The commit and bisect log are attached. Please can you help me to debug this?

I found that I have a box that displays this bug. Without FTRACE it suspends and resumes fine. With FTRACE enabled, it does not.

I'll be actively debugging it now. (unfortunately, as with all new laptops, I don't have a serial for it).

-- Steve