FW: [linux-pm] select with timeout across S3

From: Leisner, Martin
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 13:34:14 EST

The behavior of linux (in both 2.4.x and 2.6.x) is when the processor
sleeps, timeouts on select don't take into account the sleep time,
only the run time.

For example, this program should pause for 10 minutes -- however
if we go into S3 in the middle its pausing for (10 minutes + time in
S3)

I saw this on both 2.6.20 and 2.6.22...

marty