RE: Wacom tablet not working with 2.6.27-rc: kernel or X.org driver fault?

From: Ping Cheng
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 18:55:51 EST

The bug with ubuntu is related to kernel 2.6.26 and the user's newer
tablet. They have to upgrade wacom.ko from linuxwacom themselves or
wait for ubuntu to do the job for them. That has nothing to do with
kernel.org.

For the patch, it is related kernel 2.6.27. We, linuxwacom, doesn't
support 2.6.27 yet (it is on our to-do list). We are waiting for a
final testing among users before submitting a patch to kernel.org for
the newly added tablets: Bamboo1, DTU, and USB Tablet PCs. We'll
probably submit the patch within 2 weeks. But the patch will most likely
go to 2.6.28.

Feel free to email me if anything above confuses you.

Ping