Re: [patch 2.6.27-rc8-git] add drivers/mfd/twl4030-core.c

From: David Brownell
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 19:14:28 EST

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Samuel Ortiz wrote:
> > There's more substantial IRQ stuff on the way, but
> > it won't be ready before the 2.6.28 merges start.
>
> I can still take patches during the merge window, if
> you think they're really ready and necessary.

I think they're necessary, but they'll be more ready
a bit later in the merge window.

Other issues are still stabilizing; right now we're
chasing down some unrelated issues.

Like ... it turns out some power management support
in the I2C driver is causing trouble with this
driver (intermittent failures). Workaround is to
turn off I2C power management; the real fix seems
to involve recognizing that OMAP2 != OMAP3.

The problem first surfaced when the $SUBJECT core
moved from drivers/i2c/chips to drivers/mfd, and
some timings changed. Intermittent failure then
morphed intoGood fun! ;)

- Dave