Re: [tbench regression fixes]: digging out smelly deadmen.

From: Rick Jones
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 15:18:55 EST

I cannot guarantee it will help, but the global -T option to pin netperf
or netserver to a specific CPU might help cut-down the variables.

Yup, and how. Early on, the other variables drove me bat-shit frigging
_nuts_. I eventually selected a UP config to test _because_ those other
variables combined with SMP overhead and config options drove crazy ;-)

FWIW netperf top of trunk omni tests can now also determine and report the state of SELinux.

http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/trunk/src/netsec_linux.c

Pointers to programtatic detection of AppArmour and a couple salient details about firewall (enabled, perhaps number of rules) from any quarter would be welcome.

They also have code to accept or generate their own RFC4122-esque UUID. Define some connical tests and then ever closer to just needing some database-fu and automagic testing I suppose... things I do not presently posess but am curious enough to follow some pointers.

Hrm. I'm going to have to save that, and parse a few times. (usual)

Plot thickening, seems that autotest knows about some version of netperf2 already... i'll be trying to see if there is some benefit to autotest to netperf2's top of trunk having the keyval output format, and if autotest groks paired systems to more easily do over a network testing.

happy benchmarking,

Not really, but I can't seem to give up ;-)

then I guess I'll close with

successful benchmarking,

if not necessarily happy :)

rick jones