Re: [GIT PULL] Squashfs pull request for 2.6.29

From: Olivier Galibert
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 14:26:17 EST

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:12:35AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> More importantly, the filesystem driver has to be able to read older
> filesystem instances. This is a userspace-visible binary interface!
> A really complex one.

There already have been format changes in squashfs. My experience has
been that the developpers consider problems with the support of the
older formats bugs that have to be fixed (it happened with a
combination of lack of luck and integrated buggy alpha in an old
Fedora with the 3.x transition).

OG.